Birds Eye classes September 9th at
- 10:35-11:35pm Partner Acro
- 10:35- 11:35am :: Flight Intro: Aerial for Adults (ages 16+, under 18 will need a waiver signed by legal guardian) *No strength or coordination prerequisites are needed, just a desire to try a new and artistic challenge!
- 12:35- 1:35pm :: Flight Intro: Aerial for Youth- (ages 8-15, waiver signed by legal guardian) *No prerequisites, this is a beginner class
- 2:15-3:15pm :: Flight Intro: Aerial for Adults (ages 16+, under 18 will need a waiver signed by legal guardian) *No strength or coordination prerequisites are needed, just a desire to try a new and artistic challenge!
performance at Momentum Festival
Birds Eye will be performing an aerial dance show in conjunction with the other arts and music festivities of Momentum Festival! Brought to you by the fabulous folks at The Arts Commission
- Thursday Sept 13th
- Promenade Park
- Free and Open to the Public
- Facebook Event Page Here
Youth Circus Show
Emerge will use aerial acrobatics, juggling, partner acro and dance to tell the story of the life cycle of a butterfly.
- Saturday April 28th
- Show 6pm, doors at 5:30pm
- Suggested donation $5
- Please enter from Parkwood entrance in back of building
- Click here to join our Emerge facebook event
Adult Student/Teacher Showcase
- Two Shows: 7 and 9pm, doors open a half hour prior to start time, different acts in each show! Make a night of it and come to both!
- Light fare provided, $10 cash or charge at door.
- PLEASE enter building from Parkwood Ave door, and park in back lot of on street for this event (located in our studio: 2413 Collingwood Blvd).
LAB: A place for testing, experimentation, and practice.
Join us for a variety show of acts created by our students and instructors in Aerial silks, hammock, trapeze, partner acro, along with guest jugglers Eli Portala and Chris Hatcher. Special aerial guest Lis Thomas from Detroit!
$12, 2 for $20, kids 8 and under $6
Door price is $15
BEVC performers will be out flying high at MOMENTUM AFTER DARK Fest on Saturday September 16th, 9-11pm at the corner of Huron and Washington St downtown.
Momentum - Hot Glass | Cool Music is a FREE three-day festival of music and art in downtown Toledo, Ohio with a focus on the revitalizing waterfront. It will be the First Festival in the newly renovated Promenade Park! The event celebrates Toledo's rich artistic history and its promising and evolving forward trajectory. Momentum includes: “Momentum After Dark”, a music event in the Warehouse District, “Glass, Music, & Art Festival” with over 20 glass & design vendors, music, food trucks, and public art in Promenade Park, the Toledo Symphony Orchestra and the Music of Prince in Promenade Park, and the month long “Momentum Juried Competition & Exhibition” which will award to $10,000 to artists working in glass and glass-related materials.
Another fantastic event by the Toledo Arts Commission! Full Festival info here
July 8th, 2017
Join the BEVC cast as we put on two fantastic acrobatic shows with an ancient Greek twist. We will be performing aerial silks, tightwire, trapeze, juggling, lyra, and more!
→ 6:00 p.m. JP Dynasty
→ 6:15 p.m. TMA Welcome and DJ Folk
→ 6:30 p.m. Bird's Eye View Circus Space Aerial Performance
→ 7:00 p.m. JP Dynasty
→ 7:30 p.m. Hellenic Dance Company
→ 8:00 p.m. JP Dynasty
→ 8:15 p.m. Birds Eye View Circus Space Aerial Performance
→ 8:45 p.m. Aha! Indian Dance
→ 9:15 p.m. DJ Folk
Fleet Fest at Hensville
Join us Saturday June 24th at Hensville Park where BEVC will dazzle you with 3 aerial performances in between bands. An afternoon of performance, great bands, and delicious beverages and food.
Tight wire Extravaganza at Art walk
- June 15th/ Hensville/ 6-8pm/ FREE
- Event Facebook Page Here
Join the Birds Eye View Circus tightwire class as they setup 3 portable tight wires at Artwalk and perform several sets of dance and balance, led by their instructor Erin Garber-Pearson.
After our shows, participants are invited to try walking one of the short wires with our assistance, or learn to juggle! Fun for adults and kids of all ages.
Wire walking is an ancient circus art form, but relatively uncommon in the contemporary circus world. BEVC performs the more contemporary "low wire" art form which is a combination of dance steps, balance, focus.