Which level class should I sign up for?
If you have never done aerial arts before- no matter what your background is you should sign up for a beginning class. Beginner classes include: Trapeze 1, Lyra 1, Hammock 1, Tightwire 1, Flexibility For All, Partner Acro and Silks 1. We also offer a Cirque Sampler class 1-2x/mo where you can try out each apparatus.
How do I register for class?
Use the SIGN UP button on our website! Create a login using our Mind Body scheduling system and choose a single class or a class package. Scroll through the calendar and enroll yourself ahead of time in the class you want to take to ensure you have a spot in class all session. We recommend registering early to make sure you get a spot as many of our classes sell out.
Are there prerequisites to taking aerial classes? How about age or weight limits?
There are no prerequisites to taking a level 1 aerial class, and we do not have weight, fitness, or age limits for adults. Our students come in all shapes and sizes! Kids ages 8 and up are welcome in our youth program. If you have a specific health condition please consult your doctor about whether this is right for you.
Is there a minimum fitness level for these classes?
No. All levels, ages, and body types are welcome (8+). Students move through our program at their own pace. We encourage a space that celebrates accomplishments while respecting our bodies' limits. Please consult with your doctor if you are unsure.
What should I wear and bring to class?
- Please wear comfortable, close-fitting, yoga-type clothing that covers armpits, waist and backs of the knees. Men may want to wear briefs, not boxers.
- Bring a water bottle.
- Bare feet – please make sure they are clean and fresh.
- Long hair tied back.
- No jewelry, rivets, zippers, or anything else that could damage the silks.
- No hand lotion (it will interfere with your grip), and please no heavy fragrances, natural or otherwise.
- Students will be most comfortable practicing on an empty stomach, a two hour window between your last meal and class is recommended.
- A yoga mat is highly recommended for warm-ups
What age ranges are the kids classes for?
The Youth/Teen Classes are for ages 8-15. The class is taught by 2 instructors and will groups within the class will be formed based on skill level and experience. 16+ will attend the adult classes.