Youth and Teen Classes
Children are taught in a progressive and supportive environment that stresses communication and cooperation. Students with more experience in one area will be challenged to sequence moves and work for longer periods of time with an emphasis on better form. Beginners will learn the fundamental technique and form to support more advanced work as they become ready. As opportunities arise students will build solo and group performance pieces in student showcases. Students 16+ will begin training in the adult program, if they choose to.
Every class has 3 instructors on hand to facilitate 1-2 aerial apparatus along with a group balance activity such as partner acrobatics or juggling. Activities covered include aerial silks, hammock, trapeze, lyra, partner acrobatics, tumbling, juggling, and other balance games.
Ready to sign up? Hit the SIGN UP tab here or in the menu bar.
Dates and Times
- Ages 8-16
- Thursdays 5:30-6:45pm
- Saturdays 10-11:15am
What to wear to aerial or acrobatics classes at BEVC
Please see STUDIO POLICIES
- $20/class or 7 Classes for $105
BEVC Youth/Teen Mission Statement
1. Safety, positive classroom atmosphere, and progressive skill training are the highest priorities of the Birds Eye View Circus Youth/Teen program.
2. To nurture students who are creative movement artists, effective communicators, and assets of their community. These skills are developed through the collaborative nature of learning aerial and ground vocabulary, or putting together performances.
3. To foster a non-competitive and empowering atmosphere which supports a wide range of body types and skill levels in achieving personal goals in circus skills and performance.
4. To create young culture-makers who value the arts, and participate in a range of creative activities in the circus arts.