Weekly Youth and Teen Classes (ages 8-15)
Summer Class Sessions:
- Thursdays May 3rd- June 14th (5:30-6:45pm)
- Saturdays May 5th- June 16th (10-11:15am)
- Thursdays June 28th- Aug 9th (5:30-6:45pm)
- Saturdays June 30th- Aug 11th (10-11:15am)
- Summer Camps (Full Schedule Here)
Signing up for a full 7 class session is recommended, but if your child wants to try a single class, you may sign them up anytime during the session to try it out. Class credits may be applied to either class. The sign up process is 2 parts, first buy credits, second, schedule your classes. Ready to sign up? Hit the SIGN UP tab here or in the menu bar. Read about our class cancellation policy and more HERE
About the class
Children are taught in a progressive environment that stresses communication and cooperation.
Beginners will learn the fundamental technique and form to support more advanced work as they become ready. Students with more experience in one area will be challenged to sequence moves and work for longer periods of time with an emphasis on better form.
As opportunities arise students will build solo and group performance pieces in student showcases. Students 16+ will begin training in the adult program, if they choose to.
Every class has 3 instructors on hand to facilitate 1-2 aerial apparatus along with a group balance activity such as partner acrobatics or juggling. Activities covered include aerial silks, hammock, trapeze, lyra, partner acrobatics, tumbling, juggling, and other balance games.
What to wear to classes at BEVC
Please see STUDIO POLICIES
- $20/class or 7 Classes for $105
BEVC Youth/Teen Mission Statement
1. Safety, positive classroom atmosphere, and progressive skill training are the highest priorities of the Birds Eye View Circus Youth/Teen program.
2. To nurture creative movement artists, effective communicators, and assets to our community. These skills are developed through the collaborative nature of learning aerial and ground vocabulary, or putting together performances.
3. To foster a non-competitive and empowering atmosphere which supports a wide range of body types and skill levels in achievement.
4. To create young culture-makers who value the arts, and participate in a range of creative activities in the circus arts.